Dairy – Eldoville Dairy – Kenya
Eldoville Dairies is shifting the business from sourcing from large scale suppliers to smallholder farmer suppliers. This partnerships aims to develop competitive smallholder driven feed and fodder chain supplying quality produce to smallholder dairy farmers in Kenya. At the same time improve whey drink (BoP product).
• Strengthen cluster and value chain networks of dairy SHFs and their capacity to access quality feed and fodder
• Support milk production/ productivity and logistics (transport of milk to MCCs)
• Process milk and supply affordable high quality dairy products to the local, national and regional markets
• Support development of quality-based milk payment system
Source 70,000 liters of milk per day from 5,000 smallholder producers (1,000 women) and create or expand 75 small-scale enterprises (25 women-headed) supporting the dairy value chain.
Supermarkets/ NAS, 5 star hotels – in Kenya, East Africa and targeting COMESA Market.
• Advanta Seed Company, Barenbrug (seeds)
• Agriculture Sector Development Support Program (biogas)
• Nyandarua County government (infrastructure)
• Ministry of Agriculture (extension services)
• EAPP (access to artificial insemination services)
• ARM, Inspire Farm (model farms)
• Equity Bank, UMATI Capital, Complete Solutions, TechnoServe, Njoro Dairy Farmers Cooperative Society (DFCS)
• Karati DFCS, Feska Ltd, Mois Bridge DFCS, KCSEED, Kabianga DFCS, Kiptoim DFCS, Kiplombe DFCS, Kinangop DFCS
• CIAT for farming training on feed/ fodder.
David Njenga – email@example.com